- The Havahart system effectively addresses the boundary wobble issue. Compared to Perimeter Wi-Fi, the boundary wobble is 85% less, in comparison to PetSafe Stay and Play, it’s 60% less.
- The Havahart Wireless System has a far larger coverage area than any other product in the same category. It can cover an area of 11 acres, but for best results, keep the boundary within 9 acres.
- The Havahart collar battery only lasts 5-7 days, but it balances the short battery life with the battery recharge features. Yes, dog owners can fully recharge the battery every few days.
- Worried whether the collar would fit your dog? With Havahart, you don’t have to worry about anything. The wireless dog fence kit includes two prongs, short and long prongs. Dog owners can unscrew the collar and attach the short or long prong.
- The Havahart system has a very easy installation process. It involves setting up the transmitter and connecting it to an external power source, marking the boundary with flags, and testing the collar by moving it near the boundary.
What’s in the box?
The Havahart Wireless Radial Select Dog Fence kit has the following components in it: transmitter, collar, two rechargeable batteries, 75 perimeter flags, collar tester tool, warranty card (ten-year parts warranty for the transmitter and a one-year warranty for collar and accessories).
Havahart Wireless Radial Select – Features
A common worry among dog owners is leaving the pet unsupervised when the battery is recharged. Havahart has taken care of the problem. The wireless fence kit comes with two rechargeable batteries. Dog owners can use the second one when the first battery is being recharged.
The dog owners can choose any of the five correction levels. After consulting a vet, the owners can program the correction level on the transmitter. Once set, the correction level will apply to all collars connected to the system.
To increase the reception of signals from the base unit the makers have placed the antenna in the collar band. The drawback of this arrangement is that the collar becomes indispensable; dog owners can remove or replace the collar band.
Dogs love to play outdoors, which increases the chance of getting wet due to rain or lawn water sprinklers. We can’t keep the dog or the gadget away from water; hence Havahart has made the gadget waterproof. The inner components of the collar are well insulated, so no harm will come to your pet cause of short circuits.
The boundary challenge alarm feature is unique to the Havahart system. No other wireless dog fence system has this feature. This feature will send the dog owner an alert message warning of a breach. Owners can either ignore or check what their pet is up to in the yard.
The collar weighs around 130gms (4.5 ounces); a good fit for large dogs. For smaller pets, the heavier collar band is replaced with a lighter one.
The Havahart Wireless Radial Dog Fence isn’t without any drawbacks. As of now, the system can be set up to watch over only two dogs. The wireless fence covers only a circular/spiral area. If you have a non-spiral area, either you reduce the play zone or look for a different system. Large obstacles in the yard can block the signals emitted from the transmitter. So, keep the yard clean and remove the larger obstacles.
The large coverage area, low boundary instability, rechargeable batteries, and various other features, make the Havahart Wireless Radial Dog Fence a better choice than its competitors.